Saturday, April 22, 2006

Star Rider Wine Run

This was my first ride I planned and lead for the Star Riders. We had about 15 riders and ended up with about 5 riders at the last Winery. We went to 2 winery in South texas near the gulf.


The first Winery was in Santa Fe Texas, Haak Winery. thay set up glasses out in the back and let us taste the wines. I bought 2 bottles one was a port wine and the other was a sweet white.


We made our way to Kemah and had lunch at T-Bone Tom's. I had the Tom’s special. This is a great place to eat!


We headed up north on Highway 146 to Baytown and stop at Pelican Junction to meet up with a few of the other Star Riders and see the B.A.C.A. Rally. We stayed for only a few miniutes.


We headed over the Galveston bay through Anahuac to the Frascone Winery in Oak Island. My favorite wine there was made from blueberries. I bought 2 bottles. The owner gave us a great tour of his small Winery.


It was a great day to be out and about on my motorcycle.


PhotosMapsTurn Sheet

No comments: