Thursday, July 30, 2009

2009 Road Trip Day 1


Started off this morning on time at 8 AM for the getting across Texas day. Headed up Hwy 45 and it started raining hard when I got to the other side of Huntsville. I stopped put on my rain gear and my rain gear did not keep me dry, I'm very disappointed in the Gerber Extreme Gear. It quit raining near Corsicana, I stopped, removed my rain gear and fueled up my motorcycle.

I arrived in Euless an hour late because of the rain and Crystal was running late, so I went over to the Harley Dealership and bought some rain gear while I waited on Crystal.

Got Crystal packed up and we stopped by my moms house to say hi. We finally got out of town around 3 PM.

We did a straight shot on Hwy 287 to Amarillo. We stopped in Electra and had dinner at Carlito's Mexican Restaurant, it was a great dinner or maybe I was just really hungry.

Hwy 287 was a long boring ride, we arrive at our hotel around 11:30 PM.

It was a long day and I'm bushed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the Gerber gear did not keep you dry. It's gonna be hard to find something to combat some of the rain that Texas sends at ya.

Ride on,
Torch