Thursday, November 12, 2009

Back To Vegas To Pick up the Road Glide Day 4


After breakfast at the hotel I headed East out of town on Hwy 69.

I stopped for lunch at Al & Diane's Red Onion in Heber, AZ. I had a great Chicken Fried Steak!

I continue East On Hwy 260 through Show Low Arizona, Then hopped on Hwy 60 in to New Mexico. It was now getting really windy and colder.

On Hwy 60 I rode through Quemado New Mexico, the speed limit before town was 65 MPH and 25 MPH in town and out of town there were no speed limit signs. Two miles out of town I pass a state cop doing 65 MPH He turned on his light and pulled me over. So you know I have been riding the speed limit or 5 MPH over, max the whole trip. I ask the officer what was the problem. He stated that I was going 10 MPH over the speed limit. After writing me a $71.00 ticket he told me that the speed limit was 55 MPH for the next 11 miles. This was nothing but a speed trap!

After my 45 minute delay I rode in the dark to Socorro New Mexico and book a room at the Best Western Hotel. I grabbed a late dinner at the El Camino Restaurant & Lounge.

Beside the ticket it was a great day of riding.


No comments: