Friday, April 9, 2010

Bandera Spring 2010 Day 2

Bandera Wine Run!

I was looking at the map for all the Winery in the hill country. I found three Northeast of Bandera. Most of the winery are further North of Bandera.

We started out with Breakfast in town at the OST Restaurant. After a great breakfast we headed to the first Winery Sister Creek Vineyards. Sister Creek Vineyards was a very cool place, but I did not like the wines there.

Our next stop, Comfort Cellar Winery, we rode pass it and had to turn around. The place looked like any house in the neighborhood. I bought two bottles wine there. Try the jalapeno wine, it will knock your socks off. I also the raisin wine, it taste like a great sherry.

Our last Winery Singing Water Winery was south west of Comfort and Mill Dam Rd worth the ride. What a beautiful place and some great wine. Try the 2008 Sweet Lupe when your there. I also bought two bottle here, the 2008 Sweet Lupe & the 2008 Merlot. Singing Water Winery was my favorite winery for the day.

We headed over to Center Point Texas for a late lunch at Dave's Place. If you are ever near Center Point stop at Dave's Place for a great burger.

What a great day for some wine tasting and riding in the hill country of Texas.

No comments: