Saturday, April 23, 2011

Southern Cruisers Galveston Ride



Rode with Houston Southern Cruisers to Galveston. We started out In Sugar Land at 8:30 AM, John Butler led the ride with me & Sherri, on my Bike and Jodie Orlando rode Tail Gunner.

It was a great day for a ride except for the wind, the wind blew us all over the place and when we got near the coast we were getting sand blasted all the way to our destination.

Our destination was Casey Seafood on the sea wall in Galveston Texas. We met up with a group from the Chisholm Trail Southern Cruisers for lunch.

After lunch Sherri and I tagged along Chisholm Trail Southern Cruisers to see some Tree Sculptures in Galveston.

Sherri & I headed home around 1:00 PM. Thanks to John for leading a great ride and thanks to the Chisholm Trail Southern Cruisers for letting us tag along with them.

The map above was done with a new App (Trip Journal) I was testing out on my iPhone. So far I kinda like it, it did a great job tracking me, but the interface was a little confusing at first for adding and tagging your locations. I will be testing it out more on future rides.

PhotosRouteSpot

No comments: