Saturday, June 13, 2009

ROT Rally 2009 Day 2

Sherri and I planed to ride out west of Austin before heading over to the rally.

We rode out around to Lake Travis near Hippy Hollow and we stopped at the Oasis for a drink and a snack (Rita's, Chips and Guacamole). This was my first visit to the Oasis and I love the place, If you ever in Austin stop by and check out the Oasis. What a great view!

Afterwards we headed back to ROT. I don't know the head count for this year, but the economy did not seem to slow down the attendance for the rally this year.

We ran into a few friends while doing some shopping and checking out what was going on in the vendors area. ROT has not change much over the years and this year we spent less time at the Rally. I may not go next year and go somewhere different.

Around 6 Pm we headed out and met up with Randall, Betty Jo, Mike, Cheryl, and the rest of the guys
at Texas Land and Cattle Steak House for some dinner and a visit with family and friends.

After dinner and saying our good byes, Sherri and I headed back to the hotel, had a drink and relax in the pool.

1 comment:

Jharley said...

This was my first trip to ROT. I had a great time. Love Oasis scenery but the food is nothing to write home about. Lol