Sunday, March 12, 2006

Hot Springs Trip Day 2


Started my day at 9:00 AM, breakfast at the hotel and headed out around 10:00 AM. Got out of Shreveport Louisiana rode up Hwy 3 to Benton Louisiana turned on Hwy 162 and many of great riding roads through Cotton Valley Louisiana, Haynesville Louisiana, and to El Dorado Arkansas. We got lunch and gas at El Dorado Arkansas and ate at Sonic (Not many choice). 


I heard and read a lot of good thing about the scene byway Hwy 7, but when I got on Hwy 7 from El Dorado Arkansas, I was disappointed. It was a 4 lane hwy and did not seem very special until I got to Camden Arkansas. From then on the road and the view was great. If I have known that ahead of time I would hop on Hwy 7 after Camden Arkansas. We arrived in Hot Springs Arkansas around 5:00 PM and checked in the Embassy Suite Hotel (Great hotel with free cook to order breakfasts).


After checking in at the hotel we rode downtown and went up to the Mountain Tower. The tower is 21 stories on top Hot Springs Mountain. Great view with a great sunset. 


Got back to the hotel around 8:00 PM got cleaned up and had dinner at the hotel and called it a night.


Photos • Maps • Turn Sheets

No comments: