Sunday, August 30, 2009

Port Arthur Ride


Sherri did a pre-ride for the Southern Cruisers that she is leading in a couple weeks, so a few of us joined her on her ride.

Since my bike is still in Vegas, A friend offered one of his bike for me to ride (Thanks Berk!).

Our ride started at Sabo and Beltway 8 at 8 AM. We headed towards Baytown up to Dayton and over to Port Arthur to Ester Cajun Sea Food.

When We Arrive at Ester it seemed that Hurricane Ike got the best of Ester's with a lot of damage to the building and they were closed.

Now with no place to eat lunch (And getting hungry) we went on a search for another restaurant. Most places were closed. We ask a guy working at one of the local gas station where was a good place to eat, he recommended La Suprema Mexican Restaurant eight miles from the gas station.

The place seem busy and the food look good, but my tamales tasted like they were store bought from the gas station down the street, otherwise the rest was good food with great service.

We headed back on 73 in to Anahuac and stopped there for fuel. After fueling the group broke up and headed on there way back home.

This was my first day ride since my accident about three weeks ago. I did fine on the way up there and about half way back my shoulder on the right back side started to hurt. When We got back home Sherri took a look and said there was a little swelling. I will stay off a motorcycle for a couple of weeks and be a little more careful with my right shoulder until it heals up and then start off with some shorter rides next time.

It was good to get back on a motorcycle and I had a great time today despite my shoulder pain.

Thanks to Sherri for leading her Pre-Ride.

No Photos excepts for the above • Route

No comments: