Saturday, April 18, 2009

Hill Country Day 3


SunShine!

Woke up with sunshine around 8AM and met everyone at OST for Breakfast. After discussing everybody's route for the day, I was on my own on this beautiful day.

After Breakfast I took off towards Burnet to meet Mom and Dad After there Train Ride on the Hill Country Flyer from Cedar Park. I found them at the 7 to 11 store on Jackson St.

After a short visit and made sure all was good with there trip I headed over to Llano to grab lunch at Cooper's Pit Bar-B-Que. Copper's is the best damn Bar-B-Que I have ever had on this planet, Period! The brisket was just as I remember it, put a fork it and it falls apart, Tender and juicy. Oh, and don't forget to make room for the blueberry cobbler.

Did I say how great Cooper's Pit Bar-B-Que was? OK, I ran down to the city park in Llano to check out the Crawfish fest after lunch and waked off some of that great Bar-B-Que. The Crawfish fest was interesting.

I hopped on Hwy 16 and headed South, caught Ranch Road 965 and stopped at the Enchanted Rock State Park. I hike up to the summit, took many photos and watched the Boy Scouts repel off the side of the mountain. We never did that when I was in Boy Scouts. I hiked for 2 hours and did not have much time to explore other parts of the park (Getting close to 5 PM).

Stopped for gas on the south end of Fredericksburg and I notice a lot of Volks Wagons running around. I followed one over to Lady Bird Johnson Park Dam and found out they were having a VW Rally. It way cool, all kinds of models and even a VW Fire Truck.

When I got to my motel in Bandera (6:30 PM) I had very little time to get cleaned up for dinner at the China Bowl. I had a great dinner with some great friends.

What a great day for riding in the Hill Country!

No comments: