Saturday, August 14, 2010

DevCon Day 05




Had a late breakfast at the Hotel and headed over to check out the Heart Attack Grill, I was there way to early eat, but next time I'm here I'll have to have lunch.

A couple of block back towards Hwy I-10 was Chandler Harley Davidson, I stopped there to check out the new 2011 Road Glide Ultra. Very cool bike and no I'm not buying one anytime soon.

I stopped for lunch in Goodyear Arizona at Bill Johnson's Big Apple, what a great lunch, I had the Bison melt.

I continued on Hwy I-10, I had to stop for gas at Quartzsite, Arizona. The pumps were down for about 45 min, the next service station was 40 miles away West and 60 miles East, I could have continue West but was not sure I could make it to the next service station. Better safe that stranded.

After crossing the check point at the California state line I continued on Hwy I-10 and turned North on Cottonwood Spring Rd and entered the South Entrance of the Joshua Tree National Park. By the time I got there the Visitors Center, it was closed, but the park was open.



When I left Phoenix Arizona it was 115˚ and the closer I got to the California state line it was 120˚ and when I arrive at the Visitors Center at Joshua Tree National Park the Temperature had went down to 101˚, the funny thing is that 101˚ felt good.

After driving through, hiking, & photographing at Joshua Tree National Park I stopped for dinner in 29 Palms, California for dinner at the 29 Palms Inn. Had a great steak there at the bar and met some great local people there. The 29 Palms Inn had no rooms left (I really wanted to stay there) so I booked a hotel room an hour away at the Courtyard Marriott in Palm Desert, California.

By the time I got to the Courtyard Marriott it was dark.

After soaking in the hot tub I called it a night!

Photos Route Spot

No comments: