Saturday, August 21, 2010

DevCon Day 11




I was able to book a boat to Channel Islands National Park at Island Packers for noon today. I also extended my stay at the Motel 6 for another night.

I grab breakfast at the local Denny's and headed over to the Channel Islands National Park visitors center to get my National Park pass stamped.

I boarded the boat at 12:45 PM and we were on our way to Santa Cruz Island, the largest out of the five islands.

On arrival, kathryn (Park Ranger) gave us the rules. I had my choice to wonder around on my own or hike with kathryn on a four mile guided tour. I chose to hang with kathryn. She did a great job, I learned a lot about the history of the island & it was a wonderful & scenic hike.

As I sit here on the boat taking me back to Ventura Harbor and enjoying the ocean view. I was thinking it would be very cool to spend a few days there camping, hiking, and kayaking.

Ate dinner at Denny's across the street from the hotel.

What a great day!

PhotosRouteSpot

August 20, 2010 Ventura, CA

No comments: