Wednesday, August 25, 2010

DevCon Day 16

After Breakfast at the hotel I headed North on Highway 29 to Napa, CA and hopped on Highway 121 (Silverado Trail), I Turned Left on Highway 128. Highway 121 & Highway 128 are a great ride!



Somehow I missed my turn on Berryessa Knoxville Rd and rode on Highway 128 (Sage Canyon Road) towards St Helena, CA. I turned around in Rutherford, CA and headed back towards Lake Berryessa. Sage Canyon Road was a great ride, so I did not mind much missing my turn.

Berryessa Knoxville Road was very scenic and enjoyable ride, until I reached North of Lake Berryessa. Berryessa Knoxville Road became very rough and narrowed down to one lane, at one point part of the road was missing and I barely had enough room for my motorcycle to pass through. My average speed for that 30 miles stretch of road was about 30 mph. Even though the road was crapy the area was beautiful.

Once I got to Lower Lake, CA, I turned Right on to Highway 53 on much better road. I stopped for a break and some lunch in ClearLake, CA. I asked one of the local cops where the best place for lunch was and he pointed across the street to the Main Street Bar & Grill. He was right, the Main Street Bar & Grill was an excellent place to eat.

I headed back North on Highway 53, turned East on Highway 20 to Highway 5 and headed north to Redding, CA, where I stopped for the night and checked in to the Local Motel 6.

What a great day!

PhotosRouteSpot

August 25, 2010 • Redding, California

No comments: