Thursday, August 26, 2010

DevCon Day 17

Headed North on Highway 5 to make up some time to be able to pick up crystal at the airport in Medford, OR on time. Stop in Shasta Lake, CA for at quick breakfast and fuel. I saw The World's Largest Grindstone in front of the Valero gas station. I'm not sure if this is true, I seem to remember reading or seeing somewhere (Discovery or History Channel) in Michigan where they made these huge Grindstone during War World I.



I continued North on Highway 5 (Blue Star Memorial Highway), Highway 5 run through the Shasta National Forest and Despite the 18 wheelers I-5 is a very scenic ride,

I stopped for fuel in Weed, CA and you could see the Shasta Mountain area very good from there.

I continued North on Highway 5, I took the exit to Yreka, CA to follow the Historic Highway 99 for a short distance then I hopped back on Highway 5.

Just after the Oregon, California State Line I took the exit for Old Highway 99 S, it great ride and a great view.

I arrived early enough to check In to The Courtyard Marriott in Medford, OR next to Medford Airport and shortly Crystal arrived.

Later, Crystal and I had dinner at the 4 Daughters Irish Pub. It was a very good meal.

A great day and it was good to see Crystal!

PhotosRouteSpot

August 26, 2010 • Medford, OR

No comments: