Monday, August 23, 2010

DevCon Day 14

Great night camping in King Canyon National Park. Headed out this morning, after having breakfast in Grant Grove Village. Rode out on Hwy 180, the Kings Canyon Scenic Byway. The Kings Canyon Scenic Byway is a great ride!



I turned North on to N. Academy Road In Fresno, CA and hopped on Hwy 168 after going through Prather, CA I turned on Auberry Rd. Hwy 168 and Auberry Rd were very enjoyable rides. In Auberry, CA I turned left a the Y, on to Power House Rd ( Route 222 ), This took me in to the Sierra National Forest, Route 222 is a great road, Don't miss this one!

Route 222 took me to North Fork, CA, just at the city limits entering North Fork the Welcome sign stated I was in the Exact Center of California. After checking this out on the web, I found out that there is some debate where the Exact Center of California really is, Bass Lake, CA also clams that they are in the Exact Center of California. North Fork, CA and Bass Lake, CA are about ten miles apart from each other. I don't know if I was really in the Exact Center of California, but I'm going to claim I was in the Exact Center of California anyway.

I continue North on Route 222 which did take me through Bass Lake, CA to Hwy 41, Hwy 41 is a very scenic road. At the time I did not know I was by passing the Sierra Vista Scenic Byway, I'll have to catch that one next time I'm in this area.

Hwy 41 is a excellent road, don't miss it! Hwy 41 takes you to and through Yosemite National Park.

I stopped for lunch in Yosemite National Park in the main visitor area. Ater lunch and getting my National Park Passport stamped, I headed out on Hwy 140.

On my way out of Yosemite National Park on Hwy 140 I was delayed because of a landslide that happen in 2008. They have added two one lane bridges and two traffic light to let one way traffic go through. It was only a 20 minute delay. My photo of Landslide. Hwy 140 is a beautiful and scenic road.

I hopped on Hwy 99 in Merced, CA and headed to Turlock, CA and checked in at the Fairfield Marriott for the night. It was great to get a shower, there were no showers at the campsite last night.

An awesome day today!

PhotosRouteSpot

August 23, 2010 • Turlock, California

No comments: