Saturday, August 21, 2010

DevCon Day 12




My goal today is to end up camping in Sequoia National Forest.

Headed North on Hwy 33, as I was riding through Ojai, CA I saw a sign that said Car & Bike Show, so I stopped and checked it out. Ojai Car & Bike Show Map was really cool, I had a great time checking out the cars, bikes and watching the motorcycle stunt show. Also the Blue Vice Band was great.




After spending a almost two hours at the Ojai Car & Bike Show I continue North on Hwy 33, I did not get far when I decided to stop for lunch at the Deer Lodge. I had the three tip BBQ sandwhich, which was great. While I was eating Jonathan McEuen was singing on the patio, wow! He is good and I hope to get to hear more of him.

I finally got to the Los Padres National Forest it is great ride, be sure to catch this ride on Hwy 33 if you are ever in this area.

On Hwy 166 I turned to check out the Carrizo Plain National Monument, I did not check out the Monument, but I was able to ride about ten mile of the Carrizo Plain. I turned around when the road became gravel.

I stopped for the day in Bakersfield, CA to check out Valley Cycle & Motorsports and bought some new gloves.

Had dinner at Hooters and check in to a hotel for the night.

PhotosRouteSpot

August 21, 2010 Bakersfield, CA

1 comment:

Oz said...

That steel ball is crazy!! Looks like the trip is going well. I haven't been to that area. Sure hope to in the future.